After three years of research, we invite the audience of Barcelona to discover the technologies developed in the frame of the PHENICX project with a special event that will include different activities:
Live demonstration of technology and classical music performance: three live music demos at the piano of ± 10 mins each. The audience will be introduced to various ways in which music practice can be enriched and facilitated thanks to novel PHENICX technologies. More specifically, the demos will consider three themes (exact time schedule to be published close to the event):
- Discovering new aspects about music: in the 19th century, virtuoso pianists traveled Europe playing transcriptions of important works, so they got discovered by a broader audience. Using a piano transcription of Beethoven's 'The Creatures of Prometheus', we will now have you discover various musical layers and dimensions of this orchestral piece.
- Music structure: ever wondered how musical themes connect to form a larger structure? We will unravel this and show you live how a piece develops the way it does.
- Anytime performance tracking: fed up with carrying around heavy books of sheet music and having to turn pages at inconvenient moments? We will show you how state-of-the-art performance tracking technology can enable live score following, wherever you are in a piece---and literally bring a full music library at your fingertips this way.
- A space for demos: discover the various components of our integrated prototype, offering an enriched experience of a concert. For example, listen to the different instruments of the orchestra, watch a live scrolling score, and browse symphonic work by considering its structural components.
- Becoming the maestro: an interactive installation to simulate the role of a conductor and to understand the control of the different instruments and their interpretations through gestures.
Activity open to general audience and free of charge
30.03.2016 - 19:00h
Arts Santa Mònica (Claustre)
La Rambla 7